Monday, August 27, 2012

The Throne Room of God

I greet you all in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I was listening to the radio a few days ago and heard someone make mention of the “throne room” of God. It immediately caught my attention.

When I was growing up, I always viewed everything in relation to God as “far away” or “up beyond the blue sky.” I also viewed him as a man sitting up there in a great big high back chair (his throne), with Jesus standing at his right hand. That was the picture that had been painted in my mind of God because of what I heard preached and taught over the years. Now I have learned that God is Spirit (St. John 4:24), and he is everywhere, even in us!

Now that I’ve developed a personal relationship with God and not just having fellowship with him, he is teaching me who he is in me! That was a profound revelation for me, to know that this AWESOME God, the Creator of the universe dwells in me and in you! This is GOOD NEWS!! 1 John 4:4 “greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.”


Webster defines “room” as a section or area of a building set off by partitions or walls. A synonym for room is chamber or “abode.” We know that an abode is a dwelling place. Jesus stated (St. John 14:23) “If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him!” This abode means to stay, reside, dwell, continue, be present! Jesus was letting us know that he and his Father would take up continuous residence in those who love him and be present in them!! So the place God dwells or his abode or the place he resides is in his people! Ye are the temple of the “living God”; as God hath said, “I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people! “ (2 Corinthians 6:16). HALLELUIA !!!!

When one speaks of a throne, it is a seat of authority! Exodus 11 speaks of Pharoah who sat upon his throne. This is where the king sat. It was the place from which he ruled and reigned, and his reign was over all of Egypt. Jesus said heaven is the throne of God! (Matthew 5:34). God’s throne is a stately seat of power and authority because heaven denotes ELEVATION, which is a high place, prominence, eminence, that which is above all else!! It is also the abode of God! It is the place of power, happiness, eternity!! God is eternal; he is all powerful, all knowing, and all present, even in you and me!!

Briefly, heaven is not beyond the blue. It is where God dwells, and God dwells in you and in me. Now we can better understand Ephesians 2:6, “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places (elevated places) in Christ Jesus! So Jesus was God’s abiding place (heaven) and so are we God’s abiding place (heavens).

Psalm 19:1The heavens declare (proclaim, states, affirms, speaks, shows forth or manifests) the glory (honour, dignity, praise, worship) of God!! Nothing out there in the sky can talk, but we can!!

Psalm 103:19The Lord hath prepared his throne (seat of authority) in the heavens!” [those heavens are us!]

Psalm 148:4Praise him, ye heavens of heavens"! [ we have tongues that can praise him!]

Isaiah 49:13Sing O heavens!” [we have tongues that can sing praises unto his name!]

Psalm 68:4Extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH!” Ride means to travel in a vehicle or on an animal; or sit on and drive a motorcycle, etc. We are God's mode of transportation. Wherever he goes, we take him because he is in us!!

2 Corinthians 6:16: “What agreement hath the temple of God (you and me) with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and WALK in them; and I will be their God and they shall be my people.” So God is riding upon or in us – his heavens or his dwelling place!

The last part of Psalm 68:4 states that God “rideth upon the heavens (us) by his name JAH!”

JAH is defined as the Lord most vehement; (the) self-Existent or Eternal! When you speak of “self”, it is a person in relation to his own person; nature; individuality! God is God all my himself, but He didn't want to be by Himself! So He put on flesh. In other words, He chose to be man but still maintained His identity as GOD! So to name a few God-men that had His name: Isaiah (yah), Jeremiah (yah), Nehemiah (yah), Ezekiel, Daniel!

Now we have His Name, THE WORD OF GOD! “And he was clothed with a vesture dipt in blood: and his name is called The Word of God".  Revelation 19:13

In Revelation 2:17, look at what he says about the church! “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.” What he writes in us is his WORD! Then we become the living Word! Glory!! “ As he is so are we” (1 John 4:17)

And God spoke it through the Prophet Jeremiah 31:33 “I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Then repeated it in Hebrews 8:10 “I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God and they shall be to me a people.” He is not speaking of natural Israel; we are God's Israel. Israel means he that shall rule as God. God has people all over the world that are his spiritual Israel, ruling and reigning with him now! HALLELUIA! For “as he is so are we in this world”! (1 John 4:17) Revelation 3:12 states “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God.” This is awesome! Remember what God said in 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people which are called by my name.” Glory to God!
As we the people of God, the body of Christ, stand up in the power of the Holy Ghost, taking authority over the works of the devil, we know that this is God ruling and reigning from his throne! All of this is taking place from the inside of us! Now you can better understand Revelation 22:1 “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.” Because God and the Lamb by the Holy Ghost dwells in us! This brings into focus St. John 7:38 “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly (the womb of your spirit) shall flow rivers of living water.” HALLELUIA!!!

God has entrusted his power to us! Luke 4:18 “He hath anointed me (us) to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me (us) to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, and to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

This is all by his Spirit that dwells in us! But we have some preachers telling us we don't have any power. But whose report are you going to believe? Luke 10:19 “Behold I give unto you power.” Acts 1:8 “Ye shall receive power, after that the holy Ghost is come upon you.” Mathew 10:1 “When he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of diseases.”

So while the “church” is waiting for Jesus to come back and do all this, he is waiting for us, the “true church”, to get busy and handle the Father’s business! St John 14:12 “He that believeth on me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my Father.” The good news is that he and his Father have returned by the power of the Holy Ghost and are dwelling in his “throne room” on the inside of you and me! This is where his is ruling and wants to rule from - from the inside of us!! We must let him, and get busy with Kingdom building! We must do it right here and right now! For we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!!

Jesus was the power of God walking around on two feet! He is the HEAD and we are his BODY. Then we too are the power of God walking around on two feet! 1 John 4:17 “For as he is so are we in this world!”

~ Apostle Gracie Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all comments are reviewed prior to appearing on GWM. Thank you for your understanding.