Monday, April 30, 2012

The Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth - Part 2 of 3

Part 2

In the content of human knowledge, many things are true. Yet there is one truth that will make us free from sin, destruction, and Satan's dominion – and that is Jesus himself and his revelation of truth in scripture.

Truth is revealed only from God by the Holy Spirit, and it does not originate from any person or humanistic wisdom. (1 Corinthians 2:10) “
But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.”

For years, we have been told by the religious system that:
1. we have to get ready to die to be with Jesus
2. he's soon to come
3. we have no power
4. we can't heal anybody
5. you're not God

Well I believed what I was told until I searched the scriptures to see if these things were so. When you compare the Word of God to what I was told, I found that a lot of it was a lie – not all, but most of it. The truth is we are everything God says we are. But how will we know unless we make time to study the word of God to see if these things are so?

When we have lived and believed certain things all of our lives, then we believed that it was right until someone came along with truth showing you a better way. At first, you find it hard to accept, and the first thing we will say is “I don't believe that!” or “Well, I got to ask my pastor.” Go ahead; it's alright as long as he or she is directing and advising you from the Word of God and not from their opinions.

Talking about the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth.

I had made mention in the beginning about the Jews and how they were hardest to reach with new thought because they symbolize our established religious thoughts and systems of worship. That's why some people don't want to hear the truth or accept revelation - because of their religious convictions. Yes, there are those who are spiritual and would quickly grasp the real import of Christianity, but they are bound by the restraints of religious habits of thought and worship and the established customs of church. You see why we have to tell them the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We have built up a Sunday religion and put up a wall of sacredness. And in it we have our rites, ceremonies, and sacrifices according to a standard fixed by some sect whose teachings about God we have accepted as true.

But then God sends his Word – the revelation of his word - and as we begin to hear it, it begins to break down the wall of separation between our religious and worldly thoughts. Then the war begins in the mind as to whether this which I am hearing is true. The warring in the mind and flesh is trying to hinder the Word from doing its work. (2 Corinthians 10:2-5). How many of you know that we have to work the Word to work the Works?

And the Living Word of Truth cannot be killed. God's Word will prevail. Isaiah 55:11: “So shall my Word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void (emptily, ineffectually, without cause; in vain), but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void” – meaning it will not return unto me emptily; ineffectually, undeservedly; without cause; in vain. “But it shall accomplish that which I please and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

St. John 10:17 talks about the truth – the word cannot be killed. “Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” You see that the truth will forever stand.

The truth is we have to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom. St. Matthew 4:23 states “And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.” The Gospel of the Kingdom is good news!

- Evangelist Mary Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all comments are reviewed prior to appearing on GWM. Thank you for your understanding.